Donate to help end the 70% childhood malnutrition in San Marcos la Laguna!
Only $37,700 feeds the public school 3+eggs/student/week FOREVER:
- $3,192: Cost of eggs and misc. breakfast ingredients (remainder 2018).
- $23,840: Cost to build the San Marcos Organic Hen Farm (chicken coops, storage structures, labor costs, water and feeding systems).
- $1,312: Cost to acquire 870 chickens (we currently have 130 – once we have 1,000 hens, we will start hatching new chicks to make the flock self-sustaining).
- $9,360: Cost to feed chickens in the first year.
Pathway to Sustainability:
Once we raise $37,700, the Farm will become ENTIRELY FINANCIALLY SELF-SUSTAINING through sales of eggs. All subsequent profits will be reinvested in expanding the nutrition program and supporting the Agriculture & Financial Education workshops and fellowships
- The Farm will yield ~300,000 eggs / year.
- Of these ~70,000 / year will be donated to feed the public elementary school.
- The remainder will be sold to finance Farm and Program operations.
The San Marcos Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit, EIN 82-2900294. All donations are tax deductible.