How $37,700 feeds the entire elementary school 3+eggs/wk FOREVER:
- $3,192: Cost of eggs and misc. breakfast ingredients (remainder 2018).
- $23,840: Cost to build the San Marcos Organic Hen Farm (chicken coops, storage structures, labor costs, water and feeding systems).
- $1,312: Cost to acquire 870 chickens (we currently have 130 – once we have 1,000 hens, we will start hatching new chicks to make the flock self-sustaining).
- $9,360: Cost to feed chickens in the first year.
Pathway to Sustainability:
Once we raise $37,700, the Farm will become ENTIRELY FINANCIALLY SELF-SUSTAINING through sales of eggs. All subsequent profits will be reinvested in expanding the nutrition program and supporting the Agriculture & Financial Education workshops and fellowships
- The Farm will yield ~300,000 eggs / year.
- Of these ~70,000 / year will be donated to feed the public elementary school.
- The remainder will be sold to finance Farm and Program operations.
Join us to help end childhood malnutrition in San Marcos la Laguna once and for all!
Click here to enter any donation amount.
The San Marcos Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit, EIN 82-2900294. All donations are tax deductible.