We are thrilled to publish our 2018 Annual Impact Report for our cornerstone program, One Egg a Day, including a summary of the program impact, funding, staff and future plans.
Download the PDF report here, One Egg a Day Annual Update, and check out some highlights below:
- Fed 55,000+ eggs to 385 students at one public elementary school
- Expanding in 2019 to partner with additional schools and reach 2,100 students across two communities
- Launched the San Marcos Community Hen Farm, with an initial flock of 100+ hens
- Grew our team to 6 dedicated volunteers in the US and Guatemala, and 1 local Mayan employee
- Began community partnerships to amplify our impact – will begin a partnership with Rising Minds (local Mayan educators) to teach Nutrition Workshops at our partner schools in 2019
- Recruited initial advisory board
- Spent $6,500 on program expenses, including purchasing eggs, some vegetables and fruit, gas tanks and other misc. supplies
Thank you to all our amazing donors and supporters who made this first year a great success! We’re looking forward to many more years of partnering to bring NUTRITION, EDUCATION and EMPOWERMENT to schools and communities in Solola, Guatemala and beyond!